The European Supervisory Authorities (ESAs) welcome comments on this consultation paper setting out the proposed Regulatory Technical Standards (hereinafter “RTS”) on content, methodologies and presentation of disclosures pursuant to Article 22(4) and 26d(4) of Regulation (EU) 2017/2402.
The consultation package includes:
- The consultation paper
- The draft RTS specifying the content, methodologies and presentation of information in respect of sustainability indicators in relation to adverse impacts on the climate and other environmental, social and governance-related adverse impacts of the assets financed by the underlying exposures of simple, transparent and standardised securitisations and their relevant annexes
- Information on principal adverse impact indicators for other types of securitisations than those included in the draft RTS
- Template for comments
The ESAs invite comments on any aspect of this consultation paper. Comments are most helpful if they:
- Indicate the specific point to which a comment relates;
- Contain a clear rationale;
- Provide evidence to support the views expressed/rationale proposed; and
- Describe alternative regulatory choices that the ESAs should consider.
The ESAs also invite specific comments on the questions on the draft RTS as listed in Section 6, and any input on the preliminary impact assessment in Section 7.
Submissions of responses
The consultation paper is available on the websites of the three ESAs. Comments on this consultation paper should be sent using the response form, via ESMA website under the heading ‘Your input/Consultations’. Please send your comments by 2 July 2022.
Contributions not provided in the response form or after the deadline will not be processed.
Publication of responses
All contributions received will be published following the close of the consultation unless you request otherwise in the respective field in the template for comments. A standard confidentiality statement in an email message will not be treated as a request for non-disclosure. A confidential response may be requested from us in accordance with ESAs rules on public access to documents. We may consult you if we receive such a request. Any decision we make not to disclose the response is reviewable by ESAs Board of Appeal and the European Ombudsman.
The protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data by the ESAs is based on Regulation (EU) 2018/1725 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 23 October 2018 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data by the Union institutions, bodies, offices and agencies and on the free movement of such data, and repealing 4 Regulation (EC) No 45/2001 and Decision No 1247/2002/EC as implemented by the ESAs in the implementing rules adopted by their Management Board. Further information on data protection can be found under the Legal notice section of the EBA website, the Legal notice section of the EIOPA website and the Legal notice section of the ESMA website
|02/05/2022||JC 2022 22||Joint Consultation on sustainability disclosures for STS securitisation||Downloadpdf, 615.47 KB|
|02/05/2022||ESMA82-402-859||Response form for the Joint Consultation Paper concerning sustainable disclosures for STS securitisations||Downloaddocx, 504.18 KB|