ESMA updates Q&A on MiFID II implementation
The European Securities and Markets Authority (ESMA) has published today the updated Questions and Answers (Q&As) document regarding the implementation of the Market in Financial Instruments Directive (MiFID II) and Regulation (MiFIR).
The purpose of this document is to promote common supervisory approaches and practices in the application of MiFID II and MiFIR in relation to regulatory data reporting topics. It provides responses to questions posed by the general public and market participants in relation to the practical application of MiFID II and MiFIR on:
- Date and time of the request of admission and admission;
- Instrument identification code and Underlying instrument code;
- Maturity Date;
- Classification of Financial Instruments (CFI) and Financial Instrument Short Name (FISN);
- Request for admission to trading by issuer; and
- Base Point Spread of the index/benchmark of a floating rate bond;
The Q&A mechanism is a practical convergence tool used to promote common supervisory approaches and practices. ESMA will periodically review these Q&As on a regular basis to update them where required and to identify if, in a certain area, there is a need to convert some of the material into ESMA Guidelines and recommendations.