Steven Maijoor delivers keynote at EFAMA Investment Management Forum
The Chair of the European Securities and Markets Authority (ESMA), Steven Maijoor, has delivered the keynote address at EFAMA’s Investment Management Forum in Brussels this morning.
In his address Mr Maijoor’s focused on fund liquidity and how asset management can play a role in the Capital Markets Union, while supporting investor protection and financial stability.
The speech covered:
· The concept of liquidity;
· Liquidity as a long-running concern in asset management;
· Challenges pose by the low-yield environment;
· How fund liquidity is a core activity for ESMA;
· Stress testing; and
· Supervisory action and liquidity requirements under UCITS.