ESMA publishes latest edition of its newsletter
The European Securities and Markets Authority (ESMA), the EU’s securities markets regulator, has today published its March edition of its Spotlight on Markets Newsletter.
Your one-stop-shop in the world of EU financial markets focused in March on the European Supervisory Authorities’ (ESAs) campaign on crypto-assets, the ESMA Carbon Market Report, and our coordinated response to the war in Ukraine.
ESMA together with the other ESAs issued a joint warning on the risks associated with crypto-assets and advised consumers to #BeCryptoAware. The ESAs set out key steps consumers can take to make informed decisions and warned them regarding the lack of recourse or protection.
In addition, the Final Report on the EU Carbon Market was published. The Report’s analysis did not find any current major deficiencies in the functioning of the EU carbon market based on the data available. However, our analysis has led a number of policy recommendations to improve market transparency and monitoring.
Also in March, ESMA issued a statement on the impact of the Ukraine crisis on financial markets and the relevant tools ESMA is ready to use to ensure the orderly functioning of markets, financial stability and investor protection.
- Fine for Trade Repository – enforcement case;
- 2021 Corporate Reporting Enforcement and Regulatory Report;
- The follow-up Report to the peer review on the guidelines on the enforcement of financial information;
- The Peer review report on the supervision of cross-border activities of investment firms; and
- TRV – Fund performance during market stress – The Corona experience