The European Securities and Markets Authority (ESMA), the EU’s securities markets regulator, has decided to extend the response date for all ongoing consultations with a closing date on, or after, 16 March by four weeks.
The outbreak of the COVID-19 impacted significantly the activities of all market stakeholders imposing a reprioritisation of efforts to address the crisis and in such circumstances, ESMA has found it appropriate to ensure that input to consultation papers is not altered by the ability of stakeholders to provide responses.
This announcement concerns the following consultations:
- Consultation on Guidelines on Internal Controls for CRAs
- Consultation on MiFIR report on SI
- Guidelines on securitisation repository data completeness and consistency thresholds
- Consultation on MiFID II/ MiFIR review report on the transparency regime for equity
- Draft Regulatory Technical Standards under the Benchmarks Regulation
- Draft technical standards on the provision of investment services and activities in the Union by third-country firms under MiFID II and MiFIR
- Consultation paper on MiFIR Review Report on Transparency for Non-equity TOD
The revised dates are reflected on the relevant page where the answers must be uploaded.