ESMA appoints new members to its Management Board
The European Securities and Markets Authority has appointed two new members to its Management Board to replace two outgoing members who stepped down from their positions in December 2017.
The appointments took place at the Board of Supervisors meeting in Paris on 31 January and are:
- Robert Ophèle, Autorité des Marchés Financiers (AMF), France; and
- Erik Thedéen, Finansinspektionen (FI), Sweden.
The new members will serve the remainder of the outgoing members’ mandates until 30 September 2019.
The outgoing members are:
- Birgitte Søgaard Holm, Finanstilsynet, Denmark; and
- Giuseppe Vegas, Commissione Nazionale per le Società e la Borsa (CONSOB), Italy.
The Management Board, chaired by Steven Maijoor, Chair of ESMA, is responsible for ensuring that the Authority carries out its mission and performs the tasks assigned to it under its founding Regulation. The Management Board now consists of:
- Steven Maijoor, European Securities and Markets Authority (ESMA);
- Elisabeth Roegele, Bundesanstalt für Finanzdienstleistungsaufsicht (BaFin), Germany;
- Sebastian Albella-Amigo, Comisión Nacional del Mercado de Valores (CNMV), Spain;
- Robert Ophèle, Autorité des Marchés Financiers (AMF), France;
- Klaus Kumpfmüller, Finanzmarktaufsicht (FMA), Austria;
- Gabriela Figueiredo Dias, Comissão do mercado de valores mobiliários (CMVM), Portugal; and
- Erik Thedéen, Finansinspektionen (FI), Sweden