The hearing will take place on 5 November from 9:00 to 13:00 in ESMA premises.
The European Securities and Markets Authority (ESMA) will hold an open hearing on the consultation paper on the Market Abuse Regulation (MAR) Review report published recently.
The consultation paper seeks the views of interested parties on a wide range of topics related to potential amendments of MAR. The consultation period will end on 29 November 2019.
This open hearing is primarily of interest to issuers of financial instruments admitted to trading or trading on a trading venue, investment firms, asset management companies and persons discharging managerial responsibilities in the above-mentioned issuers, but responses are also sought from any other market participant including trade associations and industry bodies, institutional and retail investors, consultants and academics.
The indicative agenda for the hearing is as follows:
- Spot FX contracts
- Scope of application of benchmark provisions
- Buy-back programmes
- Definition of “inside information”
- Delayed disclosure of inside information
- Market sounding
- Insider lists
- Managers’ transactions
- MAR and collective investment undertakings
- EU framework for cross-market order book surveillance
- Cum/ex and multiple withholding tax reclaim schemes
- On the need for introducing common rules for all Member States to provide administrative sanctions for market abuse
- Cross-border enforcement of sanctions
Please register online to attend this hearing.
Date: 5 November 2019 from 9:00 to 13:00 (Paris time)
|03/10/2019||ESMA70-156-1459||Consultation paper MAR review||Downloadpdf, 1017.98 KB|