Update on MiFID II registers from 3 January 2018
The European Securities and Market Authority (ESMA) will provide updated Registers information in line with requirements under MIFIR/MiFID II. The launch, on 3 January 2018, will update existing registers under MiFID I and also provide for new registers under MiFID II/MiFIR. ESMA compiles the registers based on data provided by the National Competent Authorities of the Member States of the European Economic Area (EEA) on and from the 3 January 2018.
ESMA is currently working on a new release of those registers for Q1 2018. Therefore, until the new register release is fully available as an IT functionality on our website, ESMA will provide an interim solution which involves it publishing, on a fortnightly basis, the latest registers information in an excel format which will be available for download. The list of affected registers is as follows:
· Regulated markets
· Multilateral Trading Facilities
· NEW Organised trading facilities
· Systematic Internalisers
· NEW Approved Publication Arrangements
· NEW Consolidated Tape Providers
· NEW Approved Reporting Mechanisms
· Suspension and Restorations (SARIS)*
· Central counterparties will become obsolete and removed from publication
· Shares admitted to trading on EU regulated markets will be replaced by FIRDS publication: Transparency 3 January 2018
ESMA will continue to monitor the data submitted to the registers and may make the files available, outside of the fortnightly schedule, should the requirement arise. ESMA encourages market participants to review the data provided and contact their National Competent Authority in case of any data discrepancy.
*SARIS file will be made available once a week in a pdf format.