ESMA appoints chairs to its Standing Committees
The Board of Supervisors of the European Securities and Markets Authority (ESMA) has appointed the following individuals to serve as chairs of its standing committees:
· Carmine Di Noia, Commissioner of the Commissione Nazionale per le Società e la Borsa (CONSOB), Italy, will chair the Committee for Economic and Markets Analysis and also the Post Trading Standing Committee;
· Robert Ophèle, the Chair of the Autorité des Marchés Financiers (AMF) of France, will chair the Commodity Derivatives Task Force and the Secondary Markets Standing Committee;
· Benoît de Juvigny, Secretary General of the Autorité des Marchés Financiers (AMF), France, will chair the Corporate Finance Standing Committee;
· Ana Martínez-Pina García, Vice-Chairman of the Comisión Nacional del Mercado de Valores (CNMV), Spain, will chair the Corporate Reporting Standing Committee;
· Birgit Puck, Head of Securities Supervision, Finanzmarktaufsicht (FMA), Austria, will chair the Financial Innovation Standing Committee;
· Sebastian Albella Amigo, Chair of the Comisión Nacional del Mercado de Valores (CNMV), Spain will chair the Investor Protection and Intermediaries Standing Committee; and
· Elisabeth Roegele, Chief Executive Director - Securities Supervision of the Bundesanstalt für Finanzdienstleistungsaufsicht (BaFin), Germany, will chair the Market Integrity Standing Committee.
The standing committees are expert groups drawn from ESMA staff and the national competent authorities for securities markets regulation in the Member States and are responsible for the development of policy in their respective areas. The appointments are for a period of two years and will commence from 1 February 2020.