1. This Regulation establishes uniform requirements in relation to the following:
(a) disclosure of trade data to the public;
(b) reporting of transactions to the competent authorities;
(c) trading of derivatives on organised venues;
(d) non-discriminatory access to clearing and non-discriminatory access to trading in benchmarks;
(e) product intervention powers of competent authorities, ESMA and EBA and powers of ESMA on position management controls and position limits;
(f) provision of investment services or activities by third-country firms following an applicable equivalence decision by the Commission with or without a branch.
2. This Regulation applies to investment firms, authorised under Directive 2014/65/EU and credit institutions authorised under Directive 2013/36/EU of the European Parliament and of the Council when providing investment services and/or performing investment activities and to market operators including any trading venues they operate.
3. Title V of this Regulation also applies to all financial counterparties as defined in Article 2(8) of Regulation (EU) No 648/2012 and to all non-financial counterparties falling under Article 10(1)(b) of that Regulation.
4. Title VI of this Regulation also applies to CCPs and persons with proprietary rights to benchmarks.
5. Title VIII of this Regulation applies to third-country firms providing investment services or activities within the Union following an applicable equivalence decision by the Commission with or without a branch.
6. Articles 8, 10, 18 and 21 shall not apply to regulated markets, market operators and investment firms in respect of a transaction where the counterparty is a member of the European System of Central Banks (ESCB) and where that transaction is entered into in performance of monetary, foreign exchange and financial stability policy which that member of the ESCB is legally empowered to pursue and where that member has given prior notification to its counterparty that the transaction is exempt.
7. Paragraph 6 shall not apply in respect of transactions entered into by any member of the ESCB in performance of their investment operations.