REFINE YOUR SEARCH
Type of document
|Date||Ref.||Title||Section||Type||Download||Info||Summary||Related Documents||Translated versions|
|27/03/2018||ESMA71-98-125||FAQ ESMA's product intervention measures in relation to CFDs and binary options offered to retail investors||MiFID - Investor Protection||Reference||PDF
|22/12/2017||ESMA50-164-677||FAQs on MiFID II- Transitional Transparency Calculations||MiFID - Secondary Markets, MiFID II: Transparency Calculations and DVC||Reference||PDF
|28/02/2017||ESMA70-872942901-21 - annex||Final Draft RTS on packaged orders||MiFID - Secondary Markets||Technical Standards||PDF
|11/12/2019||ESMA70-156-1535||Final Report amending ITS on main indices and recognised exchanges under CRR||MiFID - Secondary Markets||Technical Standards||PDF
|26/03/2018||ESMA70-156-354||Final Report Amendments to Commission Delegated Regulation (EU) 2017/587 (RTS 1)||MiFID - Secondary Markets||Final Report||PDF
|05/06/2020||ESMA35-36-1946||Final Report Guidelines on certain aspects of the MiFID II compliance function requirements||Guidelines and Technical standards, MiFID - Investor Protection||Final Report||PDF
|06/07/2012||2012/387||Final report Guidelines on certain aspects of the MiFID suitability requirements||Guidelines and Technical standards, MiFID - Investor Protection||Final Report||PDF
|30/11/2015||2015/1783||Final Report on complex debt instruments and structured deposits||MiFID - Investor Protection||Final Report||PDF
|19/12/2014||2014/1571||Final Report on draft Implementing Technical Standards on main indices and recognised exchanges under the Capital Requirements Regulation||MiFID - Secondary Markets||Technical Standards||PDF
|The European Securities and Markets Authority (ESMA) has developed draft Implementing Technical Standards specifying main indices and recognised exchanges as required under Paragraph 8 of Article 197 of Regulation (EU) 575/2013 (Capital Requirements Regulation). These have now been submitted to the European Commission submitted for endorsement of the draft ITS.It has 3 months to make this decision.|
|28/02/2017||ESMA70-872942901-21||Final report on draft RTS on package orders for which there is a liquid market||MiFID - Secondary Markets||Report||PDF
|29/09/2017||ESMA70-156-227||Final report on draft RTS on the trading obligation for derivatives under MiFIR||MiFID - Secondary Markets||Report||PDF
|31/03/2017||ESMA/2017/70-8792942901-40||Final report on Draft RTS specifying the scope of the consolidated tape for non-equity financial instruments||MiFID - Secondary Markets||Report||PDF
|17/12/2015||2015/1886||Final report on guidelines for the assessment of knowledge and competence||MiFID - Investor Protection||Final Report||PDF
Reasons for publication
1. Article 25(1) of Directive 2014/65/EU (MiFID II) states that Member States shall require investment firms to ensure and demonstrate to competent authorities on request that natural persons giving investment advice or providing information about financial instruments, investment services or ancillary services to clients on behalf of the investment firm possess the necessary knowledge and competence to fulfil their obligations under Article 24 and Article 25 .
2. The European Securities and Markets Authority is required by Article 25(9) of MiFID II to develop – by 3 January 2016 - guidelines specifying criteria for the assessment of knowledge and competence of investment firms’ personnel. The guidelines will come into effect on 3 January 2017.
3. In accordance with Article 16(2) of the ESMA Regulation, a consultation was launched on 23 April 2015. The Consultation Paper (CP) set out draft ESMA guidelines for the assessment of knowledge and competence of individuals in investment firms providing investment advice or information about financial instruments, investment services or ancillary services to clients on behalf of the investment firm. The consultation period closed on 10 July 2015.
4. ESMA received 80 responses. The answers received on the CP are available on ESMA’s website unless respondents requested otherwise.
5. As provided by Article 16 of the ESMA Regulation, ESMA also sought the advice of the Securities and Markets Stakeholder Group’s (SMSG).
6. This paper contains summaries of responses received and feedback statements provided by ESMA. ESMA recommends that this report should be read together with the CP published on 23 April 2015 to have a complete understanding of the rationale for the guidelines. The final guidelines presented in Annex VI take into account the comments and suggestions raised by respondents.
7. Section II briefly summarises the feedback to the CP and the main responses from ESMA.
8. Section III contains the Annexes: Annex I provides the Summary of questions, Annex II contains the legislative mandate, Annex III reports the cost-benefit analysis, Annex IV reports the Opinion of the Securities and Markets Stakeholder Group, Annex V details the feedback on the CP, Annex VI sets out the final text of the guidelines and Annex VII describes some illustrative examples of the application of certain aspects of the guidelines.
9. The final guidelines in Annex VI will be translated into the official EU languages and published on the ESMA website. The publication of the translations will trigger a two-month period during which National Competent Authorities (NCAs) must notify ESMA whether they comply or intend to comply with the guidelines.
|02/06/2017||ESMA35-43-620||Final report on guidelines on MiFID II product governance requirements||MiFID - Investor Protection||Final Report||PDF
|06/04/2017||ESMA70-872942901-17||Final report on Guidelines on the calibration of circuit breakers and the publication and reporting of trading halts under MiFID II||MiFID - Secondary Markets||Final Report||PDF
|03/05/2019||ESMA35-43-1737||Final report on integrating sustainability risks and factors in the MIFID II||Audit, MiFID - Investor Protection, Sustainable finance||Final Report||PDF
|30/06/2015||2015/1006||Final Report on MiFID II-MiFIR draft technical standards on authorisation, passporting, registration of third country firms and cooperation between competent authorities||MiFID - Investor Protection||Technical Standards||PDF
|04/05/2016||2016/653||Final Report on RTS on reporting obligations under Article 26 of MiFIR||MiFID - Secondary Markets||Final Report||PDF
|04/04/2016||2016/461||Final report on temporary exemption for ETDs under MiFID II||MiFID - Secondary Markets||Final Report||PDF
|14/12/2018||ESMA70-156-834||Final report on the proposed amendments to RTS 11||MiFID - Secondary Markets||Final Report||PDF