REFINE YOUR SEARCH
Type of document
|Date||Ref.||Title||Section||Type||Download||Info||Summary||Related Documents||Translated versions|
|09/02/2016||2016/235||Comment letter on Taxonomy due process||Corporate Disclosure, European Single Electronic Format, Transparency||Letter||PDF
|27/01/2016||ESA/2016/07||The cross-selling of financial products – ESA request to the European Commission||Joint Committee, MiFID - Investor Protection||Letter||PDF
|22/12/2015||2015/1861||Final report- Guidelines on cross-selling practices||MiFID - Investor Protection||Final Report||PDF
|17/12/2015||2015/1886||Final report on guidelines for the assessment of knowledge and competence||MiFID - Investor Protection||Final Report||PDF
Reasons for publication
1. Article 25(1) of Directive 2014/65/EU (MiFID II) states that Member States shall require investment firms to ensure and demonstrate to competent authorities on request that natural persons giving investment advice or providing information about financial instruments, investment services or ancillary services to clients on behalf of the investment firm possess the necessary knowledge and competence to fulfil their obligations under Article 24 and Article 25 .
2. The European Securities and Markets Authority is required by Article 25(9) of MiFID II to develop – by 3 January 2016 - guidelines specifying criteria for the assessment of knowledge and competence of investment firms’ personnel. The guidelines will come into effect on 3 January 2017.
3. In accordance with Article 16(2) of the ESMA Regulation, a consultation was launched on 23 April 2015. The Consultation Paper (CP) set out draft ESMA guidelines for the assessment of knowledge and competence of individuals in investment firms providing investment advice or information about financial instruments, investment services or ancillary services to clients on behalf of the investment firm. The consultation period closed on 10 July 2015.
4. ESMA received 80 responses. The answers received on the CP are available on ESMA’s website unless respondents requested otherwise.
5. As provided by Article 16 of the ESMA Regulation, ESMA also sought the advice of the Securities and Markets Stakeholder Group’s (SMSG).
6. This paper contains summaries of responses received and feedback statements provided by ESMA. ESMA recommends that this report should be read together with the CP published on 23 April 2015 to have a complete understanding of the rationale for the guidelines. The final guidelines presented in Annex VI take into account the comments and suggestions raised by respondents.
7. Section II briefly summarises the feedback to the CP and the main responses from ESMA.
8. Section III contains the Annexes: Annex I provides the Summary of questions, Annex II contains the legislative mandate, Annex III reports the cost-benefit analysis, Annex IV reports the Opinion of the Securities and Markets Stakeholder Group, Annex V details the feedback on the CP, Annex VI sets out the final text of the guidelines and Annex VII describes some illustrative examples of the application of certain aspects of the guidelines.
9. The final guidelines in Annex VI will be translated into the official EU languages and published on the ESMA website. The publication of the translations will trigger a two-month period during which National Competent Authorities (NCAs) must notify ESMA whether they comply or intend to comply with the guidelines.
|30/11/2015||2015/1783||Final Report on complex debt instruments and structured deposits||MiFID - Investor Protection||Final Report||PDF
|20/11/2015||2015/1739||ESMA letter to EFRAG- Trustees' review of the structure and effectiveness of the IFRSF||Corporate Disclosure, IAS Regulation||Letter||PDF
|18/11/2015||2015/1733||ESMA CL- ED Conceptual Framework and Update of References||Corporate Disclosure, IAS Regulation||Letter||PDF
|18/11/2015||2015/1734||ESMA CL EFRAG Conceptual Framework||Corporate Disclosure, IAS Regulation||Letter||PDF
|17/11/2015||2015/1513||Letter SM to EC- implementation timeline MiFID MiFIR||MiFID - Investor Protection||Letter||PDF
|23/07/2015||2015/1136||EEA prospectus activity in 2014||Prospectus, Corporate Disclosure||Final Report||PDF
|30/06/2015||2015/1057||ESMA Guidelines on Alternative Performance Measures||Corporate Disclosure, IFRS Supervisory Convergence||Final Report||PDF
|29/06/2015||2015/1056||ESMA's response to EFRAG Draft Endorsement Advice on IFRS 9||Corporate Disclosure||Letter||PDF
|29/06/2015||2015/1012||EFRAG deferral letter of effective date of IFRS 15||Corporate Disclosure||Letter||PDF
|29/06/2015||2015/1011||Letter IASB- Deferral of the effective date IFRS 15||Corporate Disclosure||Letter||PDF
|05/06/2015||2015/913||Letter to the EFRAG on IASB’s Proposed Amendments to IAS 1||Corporate Disclosure||Letter||PDF
|05/06/2015||2015/912||Letter to the IASB on IASB’s Proposed Amendments to IAS 1||Corporate Disclosure||Letter||PDF
|05/06/2015||2015/910||Letter to IFRS IC on Tentative Agenda Decision on IFRIC 14||Corporate Disclosure||Letter||PDF
|21/05/2015||2015/857||ESMA response to the European Commission consultation on the review of the Prospectus Directive||Prospectus, Corporate Disclosure||Letter||PDF
|21/05/2015||2015/856 Ann1||Investment-based crowdfunding- Insights from regulators in the EU||Innovation and Products||Final Report||PDF
|07/04/2015||2015/666||ESMA's comment letter regarding the IASB’s Exposure Draft Disclosure Initiative||Corporate Disclosure||Letter||PDF