REFINE YOUR SEARCH
Type of document
|Date||Ref.||Title||Section||Type||Download||Info||Summary||Related Documents||Translated versions|
|15/12/2016||2016/1093||Compliance table- Guidelines for the assessment of knowledge and competence (ESMA/2015/1886)||Guidelines and Technical standards, MiFID - Investor Protection||Compliance table||PDF
|10/11/2016||2016/1562||Consultation Paper- Draft RTS on package orders for which there is a liquid market||MiFID - Secondary Markets||Consultation Paper||PDF
|28/10/2016||2016/1529||Joint ESMA and EBA Guidelines on the assessment of the suitability of members of the management body and key function holders||Guidelines and Technical standards, MiFID - Investor Protection||Consultation Paper||PDF
|10/10/2016||2016/1451||Final Report- Guidelines on transaction reporting, order record keeping and clock synchronisation under MiFID II||Guidelines and Technical standards, MiFID - Secondary Markets||Final Report||PDF
|06/10/2016||2016/1440||Guidelines on the calibration, publication and reporting of trading halts||MiFID - Secondary Markets||Consultation Paper||PDF
|05/10/2016||2016/1437||Consultation Paper on Guidelines on the management body of market operators and data reporting services providers||MiFID - Secondary Markets||Consultation Paper||PDF
|05/10/2016||2016/1436||Consultation Paper on Draft guidelines on MiFID II product governance requirements||MiFID - Investor Protection||Consultation Paper||PDF
|03/10/2016||2016/1422||CP on RTS specifying the scope of the consolidated tape for non-equity financial instruments||MiFID - Secondary Markets||Consultation Paper||PDF
This consultation paper (CP) seeks stakeholders’ views on the draft Regulatory Technical Standard (RTS) ESMA is required to draft under Article 65(8)(c) of Directive 2014/65/EU with regard to the consolidated tape for non-equity instruments.
The input from stakeholders will help ESMA in finalising this draft RTS. Respondents to the consultations are encouraged to provide the relevant data to support their arguments or proposals.
Section 2 introduces the topic. Section 3 addresses the issue of specialisation of the CT, whereas section 4 discusses which trading venues and APAs should be mandatorily included in the CT. Finally, the CP ends with section 5 which discusses the inclusion of new trading venues and APAs to the CT as well as the removal of a trading venue or APA from the CT.
On the basis of the responses to this CP, ESMA will finalise the draft RTS and submit the final report to the European Commission for endorsement. The consultation closes on 5 December.
|20/09/2016||2016/1389||Discussion Paper on the trading obligation for derivatives under MiFIR||MiFID - Secondary Markets||Consultation Paper||PDF
|26/05/2016||2016/725||Draft RTS on indirect clearing arrangements under EMIR and MiFIR||Guidelines and Technical standards, Post Trading, MiFID - Secondary Markets||Final Report||PDF
|04/05/2016||2016/653||Final Report on RTS on reporting obligations under Article 26 of MiFIR||MiFID - Secondary Markets||Final Report||PDF
|07/04/2016||2016/585||Suitability Peer Review- Annex||MiFID - Investor Protection, Supervisory convergence||Final Report||PDF
|07/04/2016||2016/584||Suitability Peer Review- Final Report||MiFID - Investor Protection, Supervisory convergence||Final Report||PDF
|04/04/2016||2016/461||Final report on temporary exemption for ETDs under MiFID II||MiFID - Secondary Markets||Final Report||PDF
|23/12/2015||2015/1909||Guidelines on Transaction Reporting Reference Data Order Record Keeping and Clock Synchronisation||MiFID - Secondary Markets||Consultation Paper||PDF
The European Securities and Markets Authority's (ESMA) consultation paper seeks stakeholders’ views on the draft guidance on the application of the provisions of the ESMA RTS on transaction reporting, instrument reference data, order record keeping and clock synchronisation (RTS 22, 23, 24 and 25). This guidance complements the technical standards and will be essential for the consistent implementation of the new MiFIR rules.
Section 1 specifies individual scenarios applicable to a given transaction reporting activity. Each of the scenarios is accompanied with the precise technical formats and schema to be used to represent the specific reportable values. Section 2 specifies scenarios applicable to specific order record keeping activities. In addition to the reporting and record keeping scenarios, these sections also provide a number of other clarifications on the application of the requirements under the new technical standards which were requested by the market participants during the consultations on the MiFID II technical standards but could not be addressed in the final technical standards due to the level of detail and specificity of such requests. Section 3 provides clarifications on the application of the clock synchronisation requirements.
ESMA will consider the feedback it received to this consultation in Q2 2016 and expects to publish in the second half of 2016.
|22/12/2015||2015/1861||Final report- Guidelines on cross-selling practices||MiFID - Investor Protection||Final Report||PDF
|17/12/2015||2015/1886||Final report on guidelines for the assessment of knowledge and competence||MiFID - Investor Protection||Final Report||PDF
Reasons for publication
1. Article 25(1) of Directive 2014/65/EU (MiFID II) states that Member States shall require investment firms to ensure and demonstrate to competent authorities on request that natural persons giving investment advice or providing information about financial instruments, investment services or ancillary services to clients on behalf of the investment firm possess the necessary knowledge and competence to fulfil their obligations under Article 24 and Article 25 .
2. The European Securities and Markets Authority is required by Article 25(9) of MiFID II to develop – by 3 January 2016 - guidelines specifying criteria for the assessment of knowledge and competence of investment firms’ personnel. The guidelines will come into effect on 3 January 2017.
3. In accordance with Article 16(2) of the ESMA Regulation, a consultation was launched on 23 April 2015. The Consultation Paper (CP) set out draft ESMA guidelines for the assessment of knowledge and competence of individuals in investment firms providing investment advice or information about financial instruments, investment services or ancillary services to clients on behalf of the investment firm. The consultation period closed on 10 July 2015.
4. ESMA received 80 responses. The answers received on the CP are available on ESMA’s website unless respondents requested otherwise.
5. As provided by Article 16 of the ESMA Regulation, ESMA also sought the advice of the Securities and Markets Stakeholder Group’s (SMSG).
6. This paper contains summaries of responses received and feedback statements provided by ESMA. ESMA recommends that this report should be read together with the CP published on 23 April 2015 to have a complete understanding of the rationale for the guidelines. The final guidelines presented in Annex VI take into account the comments and suggestions raised by respondents.
7. Section II briefly summarises the feedback to the CP and the main responses from ESMA.
8. Section III contains the Annexes: Annex I provides the Summary of questions, Annex II contains the legislative mandate, Annex III reports the cost-benefit analysis, Annex IV reports the Opinion of the Securities and Markets Stakeholder Group, Annex V details the feedback on the CP, Annex VI sets out the final text of the guidelines and Annex VII describes some illustrative examples of the application of certain aspects of the guidelines.
9. The final guidelines in Annex VI will be translated into the official EU languages and published on the ESMA website. The publication of the translations will trigger a two-month period during which National Competent Authorities (NCAs) must notify ESMA whether they comply or intend to comply with the guidelines.
|11/12/2015||2015/1858||Final Report- Draft ITS under MiFID II||MiFID - Secondary Markets||Final Report||PDF
|30/11/2015||2015/1783||Final Report on complex debt instruments and structured deposits||MiFID - Investor Protection||Final Report||PDF
|28/09/2015||2015-ESMA-1464 Annex II||Annex II- CBA- draft RTS and ITS on MiFID II and MiFIR||MiFID - Secondary Markets||Final Report||PDF